Thursday, August 2, 2018
The NBSMLT, a non-profit organization, is the Regulatory Body and Professional Society for close to 700 medical laboratory technologists in New Brunswick and is seeking applications for a part-time contract position of Registrar to commence in September, 2018.
The successful applicant shall report to and take direction from the NBSMLT Executive Director and Board of Directors. Responsibilities listed below include oversight of registration applications, membership renewal process, and the Professional Development Program. The Registrar will work remotely, with occasional travel required for special meetings or conferences. Hours of work may include days, evenings and weekends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain thorough knowledge of the NBSMLT Act, Bylaws and Rules.
• Maintain awareness of current issues and trends in medical laboratory technology
• Attend meetings as required by the Board, including monthly teleconference
• Oversee assessment of registration applicants
• Process annual registration renewals in co-ordination with the Executive Director
• Maintain all registers and rosters as per Act, as well as any other necessary records
• Use NB Government database (secure system) to maintain NBSMLT membership data
• Monitor professional development program
• Report and co-ordinate complaints as per Act, Bylaws and Rules.
• Revise and Edit publications, requiring some light translation work
• Assist in maintenance of NBSMLT Website
• Draft proposals and policies as required
• Perform other duties as required by the Board of Directors and Executive Director
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Certificate in medical laboratory technology from the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science
• Must be in good standing with NBSMLT and have a current valid registration status.
• Minimum of 3 years recent (within past 5 years) hospital clinical experience.
• Computer skills in internet, MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, Access & Adobe Acrobat.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills, and the ability to independently organize and prioritize tasks.
• Strong verbal and writing skills in both French and English are essential.
• Strong commitment to the organization is essential.
• Ability to contribute and participate in operational improvement initiatives.
• Courses/experience in management are an asset.
• Knowledge of bookkeeping or budgeting an asset.
• Knowledge of website maintenance an asset.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Part-time, two-year contract position, up to 40 hours per month (hours vary depending upon workload)
Three-month probationary period to be reviewed by Executive Director
Salary range: $ 29.96-33.67/ hour depending upon qualifications and experience for this position.
Apply with your résumé/CV in confidence outlining how you meet the above requirements by email to:
Subject: Registrar Competition 2018
Applications must be received on or before August 24, 2018.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.