Temporary members shall be those persons whose names are entered in the temporary register and have complied with the requirements of and have paid the fees set out in the bylaws and rules.
Temporary members shall be entitled to practice as medical laboratory technologists subject to the bylaws and the rules. Temporary members shall not be entitled to the rights set out in article 3.02 B.
Temporary registration shall be issued and renewed at such intervals and subject to such conditions, limitations and restrictions as may be set out in the rules.
Temporary members certified by CSMLS at the RT Subject level shall only practice Medical Laboratory Technology in the subjects or fields in which they are certified by CSMLS. No person shall be entitled to temporary registration for a period exceeding 18 months.
The temporary license may not be reissued after the 2nd attempt, nor 18 months beyond the date the individual first applies with NBSMLT.
$110 initial Application fee
$110 for temporary permit ( 3 months)
$255 for extended permit ( post 1st unsuccessful exam attempt)
DOWNLOAD: NBSMLT Student Guide
Requirements for application:
- Proof of full receipt of CSMLS Transitional Graduate membership with PLI
- Fill out initial application form ($110)
- Fill out provincial registration form ($110) + code sheet
- Sample registration from for reference
- Letter of hire from employer
- Confirmation letter from school on official letterhead to confirm competencies are complete
- Proof of confirmation of enrollment for CSMLS Exam
- Signed employer acknowledgement form (provided by employer)
- All documents must be scanned seperately, saved as PDF files, and sent in one email to email@example.com
- Within 24 hrs, Pay BOTH initial application and NBSMLT dues
- (Login: Guest.Guest Password: 1234)
- PLEASE ALLOW 10 BUSINESS DAYS FOR PROCESSING
- PHOTOS of documents will NOT be accepted
- Sample forms
- IMPORTANT: Contact the NBSMLT as soon as CSMLS exam results are received.